Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Houston we have a problem!

This past weekend, we decided that now is a good time to start working on things around the house to spruce it up. I wanted to paint the kitchen red and blue and off we went to the local home improvement store to get the supplies. Not only would this be a fun family project, but it would also keep us at home and busy instead of itching to run around. When we got to the store I paid with my debit card, well my son who is 6 saw and asked if I was paying off our debts, yes he has gotten on the payoff debt wagon too J. I told him yes that we still were on our family journey and that I was not paying with a credit card. He then asked how much were on credit cards, as in how much credit was on them, and I told him it could be different amounts hundreds or thousands of dollars. He then looked up at me and said WOW, I hope I get $1,000 on my credit card. YIKES!! That was a scary moment for me. I had to tell him that it was better to have no credit cards and to use your own money, that credit cards weren’t our money but other people’s that lend it to us and we have to pay back plus some. It’s hard to explain to a 6 year old, especially when they see their parent’s using debit cards and giving them gift cards. To them it’s all the same thing, a way to buy Pokemon cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment