Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lord Give me the Strength

Tonight will be my first huge challenge. I have overcome the malls and the grocery stores and the kids saying "I want, I want", but tonight I go to the Houston Rodeo, which I have dubbed my favorite holiday. The food, the drinks, the candied apples, and cute children's clothing and the boots. Oh I LOVE cowboy boots. We are also taking the kids so I know they will want to ride the rides and be sucked in by the carnies to play the games. What do I do in times like these? maybe make a "rodeo" savings account like most people have "Christmas" savings accounts? Should I wear my hat and tip it low and let Adam guide me through all the shops?? Three years ago I got so excited about the rodeo I went out and bought a horse. yes a horse. I guess when I bought a the new car I heard horse power and wanted the real thing. I grew up riding horses so it wasn't so far fetched for me to want one and to introduce my children to them, but seriously I live in the burbs, a horse doesn't really fit in the back yard. Thank goodness I couldn't keep him that long because we had a hurricane on the way and I was so scared he might drown or something that I sold him. we were told that the hurricane was going to be as bad a Katrina so a horse drowning was a legitimate concern. it turned out to be a good thing that I sold him because we were without lights or water (i don't mean hot water, I mean we had no water period) for over 10 days, then I go back to work my boss has me get everything caught up then lays me off, eventually she ended up laying everyone off and starting over, so i couldn't take it that personally, but still kick me while I'm down why don't ya.
So back to tonight, the rodeo. I'm thinking envelope system? leave debit card at home? rely on the hubbys glares as I walk into the little shops to keep me from spending?  where pants so tight that I can't possibly enjoy the fried oreos and pickels? I have 5 hours to make a game plan. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Haha you are too funny, girl. I like all your ideas. I love Martina McBride - isn't she playing tonight? Jealous! :) Just stay positive and think about the gift you could be giving your family later by sticking to your budget now -- another baby! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A horse? Really? That's something that would have never even crossed my mind. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete